Artistic Research Residency
This program offers artists from all disciplines the opportunity to collaborate with one or more IRCAM research teams, within the framework of a residency of 2 to 6 months, which may be extended in a partner center.
The benefits of the residency for the artists are multiple:
- Take time to reflect on your artistic practice
- Work with researchers to explore a new artistic research approach
- Develop or perfect an innovative creative tool
- Conduct experimental artistic research
- Produce a prototype of an artifact
- Compose a sketch for a work or performance
- Test a configuration, an immersive audio/video device
Winners are selected by the members of our international jury.
Composers, researchers, sound artists, etc. can apply.
Information and contact 01 44 78 47 60 | residency (at) ircam.fr
Artistic Research Residencies 2021
Astérismes, project by Aki Ito & Jean-Philippe Lambert
Participative concert in the middle of the audience that can be mobile, without a stage in the front of the concert hall, with distributed sound diffusion.
In collaboration with IRCAM-STMS Sound Music Movement Interaction team
HI. A. - Hippocampe Artificiel, project by Rémi Fox
"Hi. A." explores the meta-composition of pieces defined by musical memories and generative processes.
In collaboration with IRCAM-STMS Musical Representation team
Quell'usignolo che innamorato: The Resurgence of an Artificial and Deeply Plural Voice, project by Judith Deschamps
Recreation of Farinelli's voice and of a hybrid song by means of deep networks.
In collaboration with the Analysis-Synthesis team at IRCAM-STMS