Artistic Research Residency
This program offers artists from all disciplines the opportunity to collaborate with one or more IRCAM research teams, within the framework of a residency of 2 to 6 months, which may be extended in a partner center. These residencies aim to expand the field of music through the contribution of science and technology.
The benefits of the residency for the artists are multiple:
- Take time to reflect on your artistic practice
- Work with researchers to explore a new artistic research approach
- Develop or perfect an innovative creative tool
- Conduct experimental artistic research
- Produce a prototype of an artifact
- Compose a sketch for a work or performance
- Test a configuration, an immersive audio/video device
Winners are selected by the members of our international jury.
Composers, researchers, sound artists, etc. can apply.
Information and contact 01 44 78 47 60 | residency (at) ircam.fr
Artistic Research Residencies 2023
Re-sounding bodies, project by Alberto Maria GATTI
Composing with audio-tactile vibrations.
In collaboration with the IRCAM-STMS teams Perception and Sound Design and Interaction Sound Music Mouvement.
Massages acousmatiques: Towards a Sonic Environment Dedicated to Well-Being, project by Laurent and Vincent ISNARD
Sonic environments for well-being.
In collaboration with the IRCAM-STMS Acoustic and Cognitive Spaces team.
ISiS: Building artificial vocal expressivity beyond melody, project by Clara OLIVARES
Synthesis and processing of the singing voice.
In collaboration with the IRCAM-STMS Sound Analysis and Synthesis.