Max Initiation (session 2) / Max certification level 1
|Morning||General presentation of the Max environment;|
Types of objects, types of data.
|Afternoon||Importance of the order of execution: the object trigger;|
Simple interactions with a MIDI keyboard.
|Morning||Introduction to MIDI data and managing sequences;|
Creation of a random MIDI machine.
|Afternoon||Introduction to audio in Max;|
Creation of a small sampler of sound files played from a keyboard.
|Morning||Control synthesis using envelopes.|
|Afternoon||Receive data from an external controller (iPad, iPhone);|
Play a video, understand Jitter matrixes.
|Morning||Analyze audio streams and extract pertinent information using simple modules.|
|Afternoon||Record and manipulate reading sounds from a buffer.|
|Morning||Modular organization of a patch.|
|Afternoon||Simple audio processing techniques.|
|Morning||Manage data external to Max: external libraries.|
|Afternoon||Certification exam for Max, level 1|
Exam for Max certification level 1
Certification listed on the specific France Competences inventory (fiche available in French).
The certification test is made up of two parts (90 minutes each):
- A test of the applicant’s knowledge with open questions and comments and screen captures;
- Following a break, a series of exercises is given to the applicant with several concrete cases, with increasing difficulty. The applicant must find solutions, as if she were in a professional situation (test on a Mac computer with Max).
- Theory: restitute basic knowledge on Max and its environment (vocabulary for the MIDI and audio system, programming conventions);
- Analysis: analyze and interpret the Max programs’ functioning, offer “debugging” solutions;
- Application: apply this knowledge and skills to the conception and realization of interactive Max interfaces with precise specifications.
A certificate with the results will be sent to the participants 3 weeks following the exam.