|Morning||Introduction, presentation and analysis of a case study:|
- General introduction to the class
|Afternoon||Environments and tools for sound creation:|
- Use an environment for the production of a sound sketch based on vocal production
- Use editing software (Ableton Live)
- Use IRCAM technologies for sound processing (Ircamax plugins).
|Morning||Introduction to sound design, basics and principles:|
- History and general concepts
- Connection with psychoacoustics
|Afternoon||Case study: presentation of a fictional project and its conception|
- Study and analyze the requirements of a project
- Inspiration and generation of ideas.
|Morning||Case study: realization of the 1st step of the project|
- Production of sketches and sound sketches using a software environment developed during the SKAT-VG project.
|Afternoon||Case study: realization of the 2nd step of the project|
- Work and transformation of the sketches: refine selected sketches at the end of step 1 in Live with processing plugins
- Final editing and the sound solution.
|Morning||Case study: presentation and comparison of the different projects|
- Presentation of the project: summarizing ideas on which the project is based, present them visually and/or with an audio support, defend the ideas
- Collective presentation and analysis by students and teachers.
|Afternoon||Discussion, assessment, conclusion:|
- Presentation of a real case study
- Assessment of knowledge acquired during the training
- Conclusion and wrap-up.