Certification listed on the specific France Competences inventory (fiche available in French). The fiche is available in French. The certification is eligible for the personal training account (compte personnelle de formation) for workers in the entertainment industry and employees in the live performance branch (code CPF : 190671) and the audiovisual branch (code CPF : 189700).
The certification test is made up of two parts (90 minutes each):
- A test of the applicant’s knowledge with open questions and comments and screen captures;
- Following a break, a series of exercises is given to the applicant with several concrete cases, with increasing difficulty. The applicant must find solutions, as if they were in a professional situation (test on a Mac computer with Max).
The jury, made up of two teachers (IRCAM Computer Music Designers/ Specialized Instructors) and a specialist in Max, will evaluate 3 major criteria:
- Theory: restitute basic knowledge on Max and its environment (vocabulary for the MIDI and audio system, programming conventions);
- Analysis: analyze and interpret the Max programs’ functioning, offer "debugging" solutions;
- Application: apply this knowledge and skills to the conception and realization of interactive Max interfaces with precise specifications.
A certificate with the results will be sent to the participants 3 weeks following the exam.