Max is a graphical programming program that lets you process, generate, and interact with MIDI data, audio, and video streams, or any other type of data, including sensor data.
Upon completion of this intensive program, students will have acquired algorithmic strategies for performing complex processing in Max involving several technologies such as frequency analysis, partial extraction, additive synthesis, resonator synthesis, waveshaping, and envelope generators.
Any creative person with a solid knowledge of Max (minimum advanced level and frequent use): composers, developers, performers, sound technicians, sound designers, music or sound art teachers, makers...
- Fluency in written and spoken French (B2/B3 level required).
- Be able to demonstrate a solid base of knowledge and skills on Max and its environment and/or have taken the Max Initiation and Max Perfection courses. Frequent use of the software.
- Basic knowledge of audio signal processing is a plus.
Training Period and Organization
12 hours, Thursday 30 to Friday 31 May 2024, 09:30am-12:30am/2:00pm-5:00pm.
15 students maximum
From an original combination of several technologies (frequency analysis, extraction of partials, additive synthesis and wave distortion, synthesis by resonators and envelope generators) and after having identified the specifications, we will develop a complex processing engine and its user interface in Max.
Thursday, May 30
Analysis of the different technologies and their possible uses.
Identification of the combinations of these technologies.
Identification of the needs and controls by the user (interface).
Realization of the specifications and implementation of an algorithmic scheme.
Friday, May 31
Definition and validation of specifications.
Operation of the processing
Assessment of acquired knowledge using a multiple-choice test
Educational Resources and Techniques
- Technical requirements: Current Max license and latest version of the software (on Mac or PC).
- To follow the training in the best conditions, it is necessary to use two screens and it is preferable to have a small listening system or a headset (semi-open rather than closed).
- Training format: This professional course will be held online and delivered in French. It will alternate between lectures and hands-on practice.
- Attendance controlled; signature of an attendance sheet required every morning and afternoon
- Delivery of a certificate of achievement
- Assessment of acquired knowledge using a multiple-choice test taken at the end of training