Permanent researcher/developer (W/M) specialist for music and voice signal processing and deep neural networks Full-time position, Availability as soon as possible
INTRODUCTION TO IRCAM :
IRCAM is a non-profit organization that is associated to the Centre Pompidou (Centre national d’art et de culture Georges Pompidou). Its missions comprise research, production, and education related to contemporary music and its relation to science and technology.
Within the STMS laboratory hosted at IRCAM specialized teams are conducting research and development in the areas of acoustics, sound signal processing, interaction, computer music and musicology. The present position is available in the Analysis/synthesis team of the STMS laboratory. IRCAM is located in the center of Paris near the Centre Pompidou, at 1, Place Igor Stravinsky 75004 Paris.
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
The Analysis/Synthesis team conducts research and development activities on algorithms for analysis, synthesis and transformation of sound signals, notably speech and music.
The central objective is to create state-of-the-art algorithms, making them accessible for artistic production and/or for industrial licensing.
The successful candidate is expected to :
- be able to maintain existing signal processing algorithms written in C++ and python that are implementing established signal models in the Analysis/Synthesis team and remain widely used in the artistic community (sinusoidal models, phase vocoder, auto-regressive models, F0 estimation, ...).
- At the same time the candidate will research into innovative solutions by means of integrating signal processing algorithms with deep learning.
- The position requires theoretical understanding of the related technologies as well as strong experience with all practical aspects of using these models efficiently in real world applications (Python, C++, git, subversion).
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in all research and development activities taking place in the team. These are: collaborative research projects funded by national or European funding bodies, industrial projects, as well as artistic projects. The candidate will participate in the supervision of post graduate (master and PhD) students and will be expected to pass the habilitation (HDR).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS :
- PhD with excellent knowledge of and experience in voice or music signal processing (time frequency analysis, parametric signal models, sound transformation, f0-estimation, spectral envelope estimation, ...).
- Strong experience with deep learning based audio signal processing.
- Experience of staff management at doctoral and post-doctoral levels and if possible as coordinator of collaborative R&D projects
- High degree of proficiency with Python (NumPY/SciPY).
- Significant experience in programming with C/C++.
- Good knowledge of Linux and/or MacOSX.
- Strong self motivation, high productivity, capacity for methodical and autonomous work, creativity, good communication skills, rigor, and excellent programming style.
- Musical skills will be welcome
SALARY : According to background and experience
Please send an application letter together with your resume and any suitable information addressing the above elements (including recommendation letters) preferably by email to: email@example.com
DEADLINE : May, 21st, 2021