Researcher position (W/M) - ANALYSIS-SYNTHESIS TEAM
INTRODUCTION TO IRCAM AND TO THE ANALYSIS-SYNTHESIS TEAM :
IRCAM is a leading non-profit organization associated to Centre Pompidou, dedicated to music production, scientific research and education in sound and music technologies.
In the joint research unit, UMR 9912 STMS (Science and Technology for Music and Sound), supported by IRCAM, Sorbonne University, and the CNRS, specialized research teams conduct research and development in the areas of acoustics, audio signal processing, human-computer interaction, computer music and musicology.
IRCAM is located in the centre of Paris near the Centre Pompidou, at 1, Place Igor Stravinsky 75004 Paris.
Within the research unit, the Analysis-Synthesis team is responsible to research and development works about the analysis, the modification and the synthesis of sounds: musical, vocal and environmental.
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
The successful candidate will integrate the Analysis-Synthesis team, and will be in charge of pursuing research and development of automatic music content analysis technologies for the detection of sound defects, sound degradation, and the estimation of the audio quality. He/she will collaborate with the development team and IRCAM-Amplify, and participate in the project activities (evaluation of technologies, meetings, specifications, reports).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES ET SKILLS :
- Very high skills in audio signal processing (spectral analysis, audio-feature extraction, parameter estimation) (the candidate should preferably hold a PhD in this field) ;
- Very high skills in deep learning (CNN, RNN, U-Net, Auto-Encoders) (the candidate should preferably hold a PhD in this field) ;
- High-skills in Python and TensorFlow programming (or PyTorch) ;
- Good knowledge of UNIX environments (GNU-Linux ou MacOSX) ;
- Knowledge in distributed computing;
- High productivity, methodical works, excellent programming style.
SALARY: According to background and experience.
Deadline for application : 15 June 2022
Please send an application letter with the reference 202205AQRES together with your resume and any suitable information addressing the above issues preferably by email to: mignot at ircam dot fr with cc to vinet at ircam dot fr and roebel at ircam dot fr.