Software Packages and Sample Libraries
Derived from IRCAM software environments, these collections and sound libraries, developed and commercialized in collaboration with well-known partners, ensures the diffusion of IRCAM’s technologies and knowledge with a broad range of users.
Developed at IRCAM, the collection Ircam Lab offers two products including The Snail, a revolutionary tool for visualizing the audio signal and T.S. that lets users transpose or stretch an audio signal with an unequaled quality. These high quality modules are designed for simplified use and address more specifically the sound and video industry, digital education, as well as amateur and professional practices.
Format Mac/PC and Standalone: AU et VST 32 et 64 bit (only The Snail).
List of plugins: The Snail and T.S.
IRCAM Sound Librairie by UVI
Developed in collaboration with the company UVI, the collection includes two products: Ircam Solo instruments and Ircam Prepared Piano. This collection provides a sound bank that includes contemporary playing styles of orchestral instruments and a prepared piano.
Developed for the Ableton Live platform, the two Ircamax collections both include 8-10 plugins and make it possible for the world of electronic music to discover the latest innovations from IRCAM.
Format Mac/PC: AU and VST 32; 64 bit Max for Live.
Plugins in the Collection 1: 9 Max Devices, 3 Live Clips, 34 Presets, 1 Live Set.
Plugins in the Collection 2: 12 Max Devices, 75 Presets, 4 Live Sets
IRCAM Tools by FLUX::
Developed in collaboration with the company FLUX::, the IRCAM Tools collection is intended for audio professionals. Ircam Tools offers high quality audio processing modules for professional musical and audiovisual production. A collection of 7 plugins that include technologies from IRCAM’s R&D department like SuperVP Trax, Hear, Verb, and the Spat Revolution (tool for 3D spatialization).
Format Mac/PC: AU 32 & 64 bit; VST 32 & 64 bit; AAX Native/AudioSuite 32 & 64 bit.
List of plugins: Spat, Verb, Hear, Verb Session, Trax includes Cross Synthesis and Source Filter.
SPAT Revolution, the most comprehensive real-time 3D-audio mixing engine ever designed. Created for audio professionals, within the fields of audio mixing, post-production, sound design, VR-engine audio, computer game audio, live and installation sound, it allow them to control the position of audio-sources in a three-dimensional environment, add room effects, send the result to a loudspeaker setup or a pair of normal stereophonic headphones, or export the result as audio stems to use in any other audio engine. Features:
- Designed to easily integrate with various workflows allowing to specify and automate the spatialization parameters independently of the output format;
- Unlimited number of sources;
- Unlimited number of inputs and outputs using standard plug-ins (AAX, AU, VST);
- Multiple input stream formats: Channel-Base (C.B), Higher-Order Ambisonic (HOA), A-Format, B-Format, UHJ, Mid-Side (MS), Binaural, Transaural;
- Multiple input and output transcoders (C.B (Channel Based) vers C.B ; Channel splitter or aggregator, HOA to HOA for conversion of normalization and channel-arrangement, HOA to C.B, A-Format to C.B, MS to C.B, ...);
- Unlimited number of Spatialization buses (VBAP 2D and 3D, HOA 2-D and 3D, binaural, stereo, ...);
- Comprehensive Loudspeaker Configuration;
- Full Control with plug-ins and OSC.
Format : MacOSX, Windows.